The Information Technology department provides the backbone for telecommunications throughout the Mid-Del district of 3 high (6A & 5A), 5 middle, 15 elementary, alternative, tech center, & virtual schools in addition to the administrative and support facilities. The technical team is comprised of systems administrators, help desk, phone, and computer technicians. From wireless access and network ports in every classroom and office, through a robust switching network, to content filtered internet access, connectivity is provided for computers, phones, and other portable devices.
Working with the Federal Communications Commission and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Mid-Del receives over $1,000,000.00 annually under the E-Rate federal funding program and the Oklahoma Universal Services Fund for providing telecommunications services to our students, faculty, and staff. Local bond resolutions have enabled Mid-Del Schools to develop a state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure capable of handling the ever-growing electronic information requirements for supporting education in the 21st century.
Some of the ongoing initiatives for the Mid-Del Information Technology department include:
- Align technology with academic initiatives in new, renovated, and existing schools
- Review, update, and enforce technology related board policies
- Implement/operate primary and alternate data centers for district
- Develop RFPs and execute source selection for major technology procurements
- Ensure EOI and OCCT state-level testing is administered in the most efficient manner
- Facilitate implementation of major and minor technology grant purchases
- Enforce compliance of hardware and software asset management and tracking
Sean Trent, Director of Data and Technology
Charlie Shelden, Director of Information Technology
Haley Sloop, Computer Support Technician/Purchasing