The Board of Education held a Special Meeting on Tuesday, September 7th. During the meeting, the Board voted 5-0 to implement a mask mandate effective September 8, 2021.
The following was approved:
- Effective Wednesday, September 8, 2021, all students and staff will be required to wear masks inside all school and administrative buildings.
- Students will be allowed to opt-out of the mask mandate for health, religious, or personal reasons, using a form available on our district website. Parents will need to return completed forms to their children’s school(s).
- Employees will have the same opt-out provisions and will return completed forms to their supervisors.
- In classrooms with universal masking in place, the distance for contact tracing may be reduced from six feet to three feet when determining quarantines.
- This policy expires when one of the following occurs:
1. The first semester of the academic school year has ended.
2. A subsequent court ruling reinstates SB 658 in full.
3. The Mid-Del Board of Education either amends or ends the policy.
- This policy can be extended by the Mid-Del Board of Education at a regular or special board meeting.
- The district will supply masks at the schools, as we did last year.
- Employees working alone in their classroom or offices will not be required to remain masked.
To view Dr. Cobb's presentation, please click HERE.
To opt-out of the mask mandate, families/staff must complete the following form and submit it to the principal/supervisor. Click HERE to access the opt-out form.