A student’s conduct is related to his/her clothing. Therefore, the school is directly concerned with the student’s clothing. The appropriateness of a student’s clothing for the school environment should dictate the choice of clothing and grooming practices on each given day. All students are expected to adhere to common practices of modesty, cleanliness and neatness; to dress in a respectful manner within the acceptable standards of the community and in such a manner as to contribute to the academic atmosphere, not detract from it. Teachers are charged with the responsibility of enforcing student dress code in their classes as well as on campus. Administrators and other school personnel share the same responsibility.
If you arrive at school dressed inappropriately, you will be kept out of classes until you are dressed appropriately and ALL CLASS TIME YOU MISS WILL COUNT AS AN UNEXCUSED Tardy/Absence.
Students who fail to comply with this dress code may be sent home and be subject to disciplinary actions.
Students are prohibited from wearing attire that carries connotations of immorality, vulgarity, obscenity, nudity, sexual suggestiveness, gang, secret societies or fraternities either at school or at school functions. In addition, student attire shall not display or promote alcohol, tobacco, or drugs
- Shoes must be worn. House slippers are prohibited.
- Caps, hats, bandanas, or other head coverings may not be worn or carried into the building. No sunglasses are to be worn in the building.
- The hemlines of shorts and skirts are to be worn no shorter than your fingertips. No clothing is to be worn that has holes or cuts above the knee.
- No leggings, tights, jeggings, yoga pants, etc. are to be worn without any cover. Acceptable coverings include fingertip length dresses, shirts, skirts, shorts, and pants. The length of these coverings must be at least to your fingertips all the way around.
- Crop tops, tube tops, halter tops, razor back tops, and spaghetti straps worn alone are not acceptable.
- No spaghetti straps under clothing that you can see through, which includes lace, shear, or burn-out tops. Any under shirt should cover bra straps.
- Male and female tank top straps must be the width of a dollar bill.
- No pajamas of any kind are to be worn.
- Pants are to be worn at the natural waist line (no sagging) and with both pant legs rolled down. Pants, sweats, skirts, or shorts are not to be rolled at the waist.
- All students will wear their school issued lanyard and CAHS student ID daily.
ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE INDIVIDUAL SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS. THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONSIDER ANY CURRENT FASHION TO DETERMINE ITS ACCEPTABILITY FOR SCHOOL WEAR.
The following items are also prohibited and are not to be brought into the building or they will be confiscated: radios, tape/CD players, MP3 players, video games, pagers, multimedia devices (re: Student Expectations page 22), cameras, camcorders (except for a class) wallet chains, dog chains, bicycle chains, spiked jewelry, laser pointers, and/or anything else that is considered dangerous or disruptive by school administration.